- All players are responsible for their personal health and safety and should take proper precautions to prevent exposure to Covid-19.
- All players must read and acknowledge the GUS Leagues Waiver and Roster before participating.
- All participants MUST be 18 years or older unless given prior approval by the league.
- Grown Up Sports reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason.
- All registration dates and locations are subject to change
- In order to reserve your spot in a league, teams must pay a non-refundable deposit of $100. This deposit will only be refunded if the league is canceled. Deposits are credited towards the entire team fee. Free agents must pay the free agent fee in full and will only be refunded if the league is cancelled or if they can not be placed on a team.
- Team fee's are due in full before the second game of the season. Non-payment of the league fee will result in game cancellation and removal from the league.
- Players should be respectful of all league representatives, referees and fellow players.
- Players ejected from games due to misconduct are subject to a mandatory 1 game suspension by the league. This suspension may be appealed by emailing email@example.com
- A team that has two games called due to personal misconduct will be ejected from the league with no refund.
- Fighting is not tolerated in any way and will result in an immediate ejection from the game and possibly suspension from the remainder of the league with no refund
- A person excessively violating the personal conduct rules may be suspended from the league and banned from future leagues
- Forfeits are unfortunate. Teams should be courteous to fellow teams and league officials and field a team whenever possible to avoid forfeits.
- In the event a of a forfeit, the forfeiting team shall notify their league commissioner (or email firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as possible so that the opposing team may be notified.
- Forfeited games result in a loss and will not be made up.
- If ample notice (48 hours) of a forfeit is given, GUS Leagues will do everything in its power to reschedule the game given field/ court availability, ability to find a replacement opponent for the non-forfeiting team and ability to schedule an opponent for the forfeiting team
- Not all of our sports provide teams with GUS T-Shirts (notable exceptions: Men's Flag Football, Basketball).
- For those sports that do provide team shirts, teams shall wear these shirts as their team jerseys and may be precluded from playing if not wearing their shirts.
- Consumption of alcohol is prohibited at some of our locations (City of Houston parks etc).
- All players will abide by the park/ facility rules regarding alcohol consumption.
- In those locations where alcohol is allowed, players will consume alcohol responsibly.
In light of the current Covid-19 pandemic, we have temporarily implemented the following guidelines for all sports. Sport specific guidelines and a complete breakdown of all Covid-19 related policies may be found here:
- Players should wash hands thoroughly before and after games as well as bring and use personal hand sanitizer before and after games.
- Players should wear a face mask before and after games.
- Spectators are discouraged and must maintain social distancing at all times during game play.
- Before and after games, teams should adhere to all government as well as venue specific guidelines
- If you have exhibited symptoms of Covid-19 within the last 14 days, you will not be permitted to participate (link here).
- If you exhibit Covid-19 symptoms and have played in a game, please email email@example.com and provide us with the following information:
- Team Name
- Date Played
- Date You Exhibited Symptoms/ Tested Positive
- Leave No Trace: All teams must take EVERYTHING brought with them from playing venue
- Please reduce all unnecessary contact - no handshakes, hi-fives etc